St. Mary Facts
Grades: 4-K through 8
Teaching Staff: 14
Support Staff: 6
Average Class Size: 16
At St. Mary, we prepare each child spiritually, scholastically and socially to excel at the next level. When students leave here, they are extremely well prepared for high school…and beyond.
Scholastic: The St. Mary learning environment is exceptional. We set the bar high and help each student reach it:
- With a 4-K to 8 structure, our sense of community is strong and our families are very involved.
- Our average class size is 16… ideal for teaching and learning.
- The curriculum and instruction are centered around Standards and Benchmarks from the Office of Catholic Schools (Diocese of Madison).
- Chromebooks are incorporated into daily 1-1 instruction.
- A strong arts program is integrated into the overall curriculum.
- Students get to take Spanish beginning in third grade.
- An academic support system is in place to help meet the needs of all students; tutoring is often available during school hours.
- Our online “Facts” program allows parents and students access to grades at any time.
Social: Social and cultural development go hand-in-hand with academics in a supportive and family-like atmosphere.
- Each child belongs to a buddy family with kids in every other grade; the older students act as mentors for the younger kids.
- Students can choose from a wide range of co-curricular activities.
- Organized athletics start in grade 5, giving students early access to quality coaching, and a strong foundation of fundamentals, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Opportunities for artistic performance and public speaking are offered throughout the year, helping to build confidence and communication skills.
Spiritual: Spirituality is the common thread that ties everything together and forms the foundation for a lifetime of personal growth.
- Students benefit from having an active priest in the classroom—and from being actively involved in weekly Mass.
- The spiritual lessons students learn reinforce the academic, social, and behavioral lessons presented at home and in the classroom.