Several parent groups work to support and enhance the St. Mary School community. These groups organize family events, provide financial resources to our school through fundraising, and share their time and talents through numerous volunteer experiences.
- School Advisory Board – Works with the principal to develop, review and revise school
- Home and School Organization – Primary function is fundraising for equipment and
programs not provided by tuition monies. All parents are welcome to attend the
- Marketing Committee – Works to promote St. Mary School and to achieve and maintain
student enrollments in grades 4K through 8.
- Athletic Association – Volunteers help with concessions, running the scoreboard and
keeping stats. Fundraising is done to purchase items to support the athletic programs.
At St. Mary, we believe that parent/community involvement benefits everyone: from students and staff to parents and community members. There are many opportunities to get involved—and every act of volunteerism is appreciated. Our many volunteer opportunities include:
- Collecting Campbell soup labels, Box Tops for Education, milk caps, and toner cartridges
- Making treats for bake sales
- Classroom support: reading programs, Learning Center assistance, tutors
- Playground supervisors
- Bulletin board helpers
- School beautification donors/volunteers
- Mini-course teachers
- Club advisors: Spanish Club, Knitting Club
Special Projects & Events:
- Field trip chaperones & drivers
- Coaches & athletic events helpers
- Event planners & helpers: Variety Show, Art Show, Christmas program, Spring Musical, Mardi Gras, Golf Outing, Book Fair
- Fundraising assistants: magazine sale, bake sales, Market Day
- Yearbook helpers
For more information about volunteering at St. Mary, please refer to our Volunteer Handbook.