Several parent groups work to support and enhance the St. Mary School community. These groups organize family events, provide financial resources to our school through fundraising, and share their time and talents through numerous volunteer experiences.
- School Advisory Board – Works with the principal to develop, review, and revise school policies. Meets the first Tuesday of the month from September – May.
- Home and School Organization – Works to help fulfill the total educational needs of all children at St. Mary School. The primary function is through fundraising to provide equipment and programs to benefit the children that would otherwise not be provide by tuition monies. ALL parents of school children are welcome to attend the meetings.
- Marketing Committee – Works to promote St. Mary School and to achieve and maintain student enrollments in grades preK-8. Meets monthly.
- Athletic Association – Supports the St. Mary Athletic program. Parents of athletes help with concessions, running the scoreboard, and keeping stats. Fundraising is done to purchase athletic equipment for the sports programs.
At St. Mary, we believe that parent/community involvement benefits everyone: from students and staff to parents and community members. There are many opportunities to get involved—and every act of volunteerism is appreciated. Our many volunteer opportunities include:
- Collecting Campbell soup labels, Box Tops for Education, milk caps, and toner cartridges
- Making treats for bake sales
- Classroom support: reading programs, Learning Center assistance, tutors
- Playground supervisors
- Bulletin board helpers
- School beautification donors/volunteers
- Mini-course teachers
- Club advisors: Spanish Club, Knitting Club
Special Projects & Events:
- Field trip chaperones & drivers
- Coaches & athletic events helpers
- Event planners & helpers: Variety Show, Art Show, Christmas program, Spring Musical, Mardi Gras, Golf Outing, Book Fair
- Fundraising assistants: magazine sale, bake sales, Market Day
- Yearbook helpers
For more information about volunteering at St. Mary, please refer to our Volunteer Handbook.